Original thread:
Post 40 made on Wednesday October 30, 2002 at 10:43
revwillie
Founding Member
January 2002
Excitement abounds!

Remember the 'good old days'?
[Link: remotecentral.com]

What strikes me is that the 2116 is only $30. That's less than what the 2104 debuted at. It's the same price that a 2103 cost at introduction. Components must be cheaper these days.

It's definitely going to bite into the profits of those guys who stockpiled 1994's and sell them one at a time on ebay. The most I ever paid for any remote was $40 for a new 1994 on ebay. I wouldn't have paid that much except that I was under the impression that no other remotes could be extended and configured in the same way. That's not the case as of this summer and now RS is providing a better remote than the 1994 for less than what the 1994 usually costs off ebay (in new condition).

I'm very curious to find out if it will accept an RF puck implant. We know the processor can handle it, but the question is whether or not there's an easy way to solder it in. I might just have to try it out. I don't know if I can bear to take apart my 1995 though.

I'm also curious to find out what the user manual says about learning and macros on certain keys. They can't claim anymore that only 'smart keys' can learn. No user manuals from the 211x series are online yet.

Hosting Services by ipHouse