The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday February 6, 2003 at 11:01
asinsh
Long Time Member
November 2002
Sorry I didn't respond earlier (I didn't see this post before), but I relabeled a huge number of the keys on my 15-1994 in a way that was virtually indistinguishable from the original labeling.

I used a p-touch label maker that I bought from Staples and set it to 6 point font. The p-touch makes labels using tape that is extremely thin (nothing like the dymo labels we used when we were kids), so once you apply it to a surface it's hard to tell that it's not part of that surface unless you look really closely at it. I used labels that had a black background with gold lettering to perfectly match the existing labels on my 15-1994.

More recently, I did the same thing for my 15-2116, but this time I went with white background and black letters because that makes the labels easier for my wife and I to read then the original labeling on the remote.

I've got these remotes so individualized that I can't imagine doing without relabeling...and if I tried to, it would never pass the critical friends/babysitter test (I think you should be able to hand the remote to the babysitter as you are walking out and have her be able to easily operate all your equipment, even if you've got a complicated setup with video processors, a/v recievers, monitors, replayTVs, dvds, vcrs, etc that have to get switched to the appropriate state/input in order to use properly). As most people on this forum will attest to...macros are your best friends.

Alan

Hosting Services by ipHouse