Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday February 16, 2003 at 08:21
asinsh
Long Time Member
November 2002
On 02/15/03 16:28, edmund said...
The base unit for the 9910 uses a 3/32 plug. Most
repeaters use a 1/8 plug.

Even someone with as modest an ability at soldering as I have can get around that one ;)

I'm guessing that I can remove the dc power from the connecting block, plug the emitter output of the rf receiver into the IR receiver signal and ground input of the connecting block (I'll just snip the emitter itself off of its wire so that I'll have a micro plug (3/32) with wire that I can strip and use) and use the four emitter outputs from the connecting block to control my equipment; based on what I see from my voltmeter, it appears that the four emitters on the connecting block are in parallel and are tied to the receiver signal and ground input terminals (with a 480 ohm resistor between the signal input and the signal output). This should work better than trying to send an ir signal out of the rf receiver station into an ir receiver running into the connecting block.

Unfortunately, my 2117 is back on the fritz (soldering skills strike again), so I think I'll wait until the 2117 officially comes out before continuing this experiment (especially since the wife isn't complaining about the ir setup anymore).

Alan

Hosting Services by ipHouse