The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday February 18, 2003 at 16:27
a_dixit
Lurking Member
February 2003
First Thanks to all ! My remote is now in very good shape. All other individual remotes are in moved from sofa to a basket.

I had to change the code for my VCR. Now it accepts 0067. Somehow the code VCR got changed to some other code (which was working with my Sony Recv. remote) and the original JVC renote din't work either. After following the procedure to change the code to 0067 , 8910 as well as original JVC remote started working ! I had no idea that you can change the code in the device! I still can not get 'Menu' on JVC VCR to work by either remote so something is still screwed up as far as the device code is concerned.

Now most of the problems related to 8910 are solved !
I can also program number keys. I must be doing something wrong before.
Some more questions:

1. In home theater mode can you program 'Power' button with a Macro? I want to switch on (and off) all the components. I tried to program the Micro (RCVR Power DVD Power TV Power , it shows success, but there is no effect after pressing the power button. The problem is the power button in all other modes (TV, RCV and DVD) are changed ! All these buttons now can switch on and off all three conponents and I don't want that. I could undo the effect by prgramming a null micro on the power key in one mode( select the micro key (POWER), select again till it shows success).

For now I'm using GUIDE button in HT mode to do the power on/off job. But I would like to use power if possible.

2. Can the micro buttons be programmed separately in different modes (TV, DVD etc)? my impresion was (after reading the manual) that it can be done but after programming a micro(M1) in DVD mode it erased the micro in TV mode. Both micro sequences were intended to do the same job (put TV in widescreen mode) but the DVD micro would retun to DVD mode after it is done. Now in TV mode it also returns back to DVD mode. May be I'm missing something or may be I forgot what I did - I have to reconfirm tonight. But just wanted to know if someone knows about this.

Hosting Services by ipHouse