The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday February 18, 2003 at 20:56
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 02/18/03 19:04, Dennis Careri said...
As per a thread I found here about a "trick"
with combo codes, if I happen to push a button
(can't quite figure out which one) that leaves
the right data in the buffer and then when I enter
and send the extended code, it pulls the first
byte from the buffer and it magically works.

I think it gets the SECOND byte from the buffer and the FIRST byte from the EFC you enter. That gives you a method of attack:

1) You can set up a few ordinary key moves on the remote using the 994 command, including key moving FROM the key you think leaves the right second byte in the buffer.

2) Connect via JP1 cable and download to IR.EXE.

3) Select the Key Moves tab and look at the key moves you defined in step 1. They'll each have two hex bytes. If I have this right, almost every one will have a different first byte from almost every other one, but the second byte will tend to be duplicated.

4) Create a new Key Move (which won't work) by specifying the EFC for the advanced code you want.

5) Look at the Key Move you just defined and see its one byte hex command.

6) Edit that key move. Click the button for hex command and enter a two byte value: AB CD where AB is the single byte you saw in step 5 and CD is a second byte you saw in step 3.

There are methods that are both simpler and more definite, but you might prefer the above since it uses a much narrower subset of the JP1 tools (you do the whole thing on the Key Moves tab) so there is less to learn.

Hosting Services by ipHouse