The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday February 18, 2003 at 06:49
Gromit
Lurking Member
February 2003
I just got my 8811 remote today, and have run into some of the same things as you, so hopefully this might help, even though it's a different remote than yours.

With my RX-V620 receiver and the 8811 remote, the 0176 setup code controls most things. Pressing 1 alone switches to Tuner, 2 switches to VCR 1, etc. All the numbers switched to something, except 5 and 6, which did nothing. These numbers don't correspond with the original remote, which I found interesting. That is, Input-1 on the original remote switches to CD mode, Input-2 to Tuner, instead of Tuner and VCR1 on the new remote. Also, I found that DVD and TV/CBL were missing as you did.

Going to [Link: hifi-remote.com], I found that extended code 100 was for Cable. I used the method at [Link: hifi-remote.com][1.13] for entering Extended codes, and put the Cable function on key 5.

For DVD, I found that the 122 code listed did not work for me. By chance, the very first code that I happened to try for something else switched to DVD. So, I put extended code 177 on key 6 for DVD.

Hosting Services by ipHouse