The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday November 13, 2002 at 21:34
fulabeer
Lurking Member
November 2002
I got one last week, and it's superb for the money.
I use a pronto for my cinema room, but wanted something simpler for the living room.
It is a little bit bigger than i imagined it would be, but if all else fails at least i could use it as a cricket bat!
The display looks very good during the day, and even better in a dimmed room.
The remote is very responsive, with my equipment reacting instantly.
It comes with most codes built in, and internet and phone upgrade ability.
It even learns new codes from your existing remotes etc.
The button layout changes depeding on the equipment choice chosen. For example selecting a Sony DVD player may show a different button layout to a Toshiba DVD player.
You can also "scroll" through different pages of buttons per device.
I have not managed to catch it out yet with missing vital "icons/buttons". ie 16.9 aspect button or TV/AV toggle button.
Even if a "icon/button" is not available on the preset layout, there are 4 spare custom buttons for any use.
It also has macros and a volume "punch through" so volume control is not device dependent etc.
I'm not sure if the the buttons can be customised as to what appears. But their website has some sort of button request feature, so maybe you just email them and they sort it out for you etc.
Upgrading just involves holding the phone earpiece to the top-middle part of the remote.
The best feature is the vibration sensing back light. Just lift or move the remote and the back light comes on. Leave it for a few seconds and it fades off.
Mind you it also comes on if the sub starts shaking the room!

Paul

Hosting Services by ipHouse