The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday October 13, 2003 at 20:50
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
Since you asked, Yes. Fact is, I'm the one that supplied "deleted" and some others with remotes and manuals for any dbx items they may have. Like you, I had a "sideline" specializing in dbx products instead of ueic remotes. I couldn't mention it before since he didn't ask for a source for remotes, programming etc. as I don't condone spamming. All my "business" was strictly from referals from happy former customers.

Since he was trying to use ueic's screwed up code I assumed he didn't have a remote, or as you suggested with just 11 buttons, he would have learned them first, instead of posting a post here. I wuld program his remote if he doesn't want to mess with JP-1 for just one device. I charge 10.00 plus shipping (2.00, 1st class). (offer retracted)

With all the remoteless dbx 4BX's I've seen go thru ebay, it's a good guess he doesn't have a remote. The remoteless auctions is about 80%. As far as dbx and ueic goes, only the DX-5 cd player is supported. You can find a LIRC file for it, but no CCF.

ONE of the details ueic screwed up with the protocol is frequency. They used 38K when the device uses 71K. AMP_0295, as the poster found out is worthless, and while you can get an upgrade from ueic, it isn't gonna work. Of course calling them, or RS they'll tell you to use _0295, but I suspect when the moron at ueic made the code, he forgot to note the protocol details or someone transposed the list wrong and got the setup codes and protocols for two devices swapped.

Jim

This message was edited by jamesgammel on 10/16/03 14:01.

Hosting Services by ipHouse