Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday November 26, 2003 at 15:15
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
(Duplicating, without attached files, the message in the email I just sent):

I changed the .wav file from model 8060 to 9960. In doing so I needed to decide which key on the 9960 to use for each key on the 8060 (the key labels aren't as similar as you might expect). I did that without much thought, because I don't even know how well the 8060 key assignments fit the keys of the actual device. Assuming one of these upgrades works at all, please send back a list of what the function names really are (so I can post a corrected file in the JP1 group) and tell me which functions you want on which keys, so I can send you a better upgrade.

I hope you know the process to get the 9960 ready for an upgrade and then play the .wav through a speaker from the PC. Also, after the upgrade is loaded, that just makes CBL/1064 and CBL/1066 available within your remote. It doesn't select either of them. You must then assign one of the to a device key for testing. Make sure you don't have any KeyMoves or Learned signals already defined for keys within that device key or those will confuse the test (assigning a new setup code to a device key does NOT remove any KeyMoves or Learned signals associated with that device mode).

I attached a list of the 9960 keys defined by these upgrades together with the 8060 key on which I based each 9960 key. That should help guide the testing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse