The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday October 25, 2004 at 21:16
The Robman
Loyal Member
August 2001
Wes, in this thread you didn't ask for an advanced code, you asked about a Zenith HD STB, and unfortunately there isn't a built in setup code available for these, which means JP1 is the only way to adequately get it programmed into a remote. So the only alternative to informing you of that is to ignore your post completely. Which would you rather we do (given that most of the time we don't remember who the poster is)?

As for the amount of learning memory, it isn't a matter of RS vs. OFA, it's a matter of the 15-2103 vs. the rest. For some reason, they did some special programming for this remote to only give it half the learning memory of regular remotes. So if your 15-1994 can hold about 20 to 25 buttons, the 15-2103 can hold about 10 to 12, which I think you'll agree is too small for almost everyone's needs.

OK now, this is my last JP1 message to you (I promise), but you should at least look into it. Given that there are many occassions where you have to post messages like the original one in this thread where you can't find a setup code, or need advanced codes, etc, what you should do is bring your friends remote home with you, program in the stuff he needs, then return it to him to test it out. You could limit this to just those occassions where there isn't a built in code for one or more of his devices.

Your total cost would be $14 for a ready made JP1 cable!
Rob.
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse