The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday October 25, 2004 at 11:06
The Robman
Loyal Member
August 2001
Wes, I'm sorry that you consider us suggesting JP1 being an "attack". Those of us that answer hundreds of questions here don't keep a mental note of all the user ids of the people we help, so there's no way that we would know that you have an issue with JP1.

The reason people keep recommending it to you is because it's the best answer for your situation. If you chose to consider us presenting you with the best answer each time as an attack, wouldn't you agree that that's really YOUR problem, not ours.

I dread to think how much work you put into programming these remotes for people, and I do have a good idea how much effort it is because I used to do it too back before JP1.

In this modern day & age, someone doing what you do would load up the JP1 software onto their laptop and take that along with them for these programming trips. You obviously have PC access on these trips as you say you need to come here to get advanced codes, so rather than posting requests for advanced codes, all you would need to do is download a ready made upgrade file from the JP1 file section.

All in all it would be so much easier and you would be able to make your friends remotes do so much more than you're able to do now. But hey, if you enjoy doing it the hard way, who are we to judge you.

At any rate, I have now made a note of the name "Wes" and will try to remember to avoid offering any JP1 assistance in the future, and hopefully the other experts here will do the same.
Rob.
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse