The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday October 6, 2004 at 14:10
DBrown
Founding Member
February 2002
Your right John, the cinema7's setup button is far easier to press and hold than the same button on the 6012. And on my 6012 I've got an extender installed that has disabled the SET button altogether.

As for taking more than one pass through the EFC, in several cases it has taken me three or more passes, simply because of the state of the TV. For example some buttons only work when in MENU, and so would do nothing if I sent their EFC when the TV wasn't in MENU. And looking for a discrete OFF would require the TV to be ON (one state) while hoping to find a discrete ON would require the TV to be OFF. Tuner discretes might be found for all the inputs you aren't currently on. But you'll have to be on another input and try the EFCs to find that original input discrete EFC.

I referred to the "engineer" as engineer because the technician put me on hold while he contacted the "engineer" (his word). When the engineer got on the phone, he answered "Engineering. This is (his name). Can I help you?"

Dave B.

Hosting Services by ipHouse