The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday November 10, 2004 at 17:27
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I'm nearly ready to upload that .wav file, but if you answer quickly you can change some of the arbitrary choices I'm making. (I also might edit it after you test and make suggestions, but before is better if you know the answers).

I found the DVD/0841 upgrade for the urc-8060 in that other forum. That is a near perfect match, so I renamed this upgrade DVD/0841.

Some button position questions (questionable changes I made to the posted upgrade file)

I put the "back" function to the "exit" key, because that's where the 8060 had it.

The "exit" key had been the "Clear" function, which I put on the "Mute" key, which used to be an extra copy of the "Vol-" function.

I put the "Angle" function on the "input" key because Angle in the 8060 was on a key the 9960 lacks and that upgrade file didn't assign Angle.

I left CH- (as that file had it) as a duplicate for the SkipBack key. Both are the "Track_Back" function. The 8060 upgrade had CH+ as an extra copy of track_Forward but had some strange function (I'm pretty sure incorrect) on CH-.

I left out Mark, PowerOff, PowerOn and Zoom.

Missing Keys can be defined as KeyMoves using EFC numbers:
229 - Mark
082 - Power Off
018 - Power On
037 - Zoom

Suggest any rearrange of keys you think will help.

This message was edited by johnsfine on 11/10/04 17:47 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse