The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday November 30, 2004 at 14:55
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
That one (Nokia satellite receiver 8000) is a bit harder than similar questions we get.

The web site for the 8060 lists 8 different setup codes for Nokia SAT devices:
[Link: oneforall-int.com]
Probably one of those is right for your device, but I'm not sure of that. Seven of those eight setup codes use protocols for which the support in the JP1 group isn't very good (which makes building the .wav a little harder). It would be a lot of work to build and test .wav files for several of those before discovering which matches your model.

There are JP1 upgrades for a few Nokia SAT device here:
[Link: groups.yahoo.com]
Those are easier starting points for .wav files and probably match some of those eight setup codes. But none of the models listed is the 8000. The 8000 might use the same signals as one of those. I have no basis for guessing that.

There are CCF files for more Nokia models here:
[Link: remotecentral.com]
including the 8001s from Italy. Again, no exact match for 8000. But if you have any other source of information about which of those models uses the same signals as the 8000, the CCF has enough information to build a .wav file.

I've described the basic process of building your own .wav file several times in this forum and the JP1 help documents fill in the missing details, so if you want to try those posted JP1 upgrades or those CCF files there is enough information posted for you to get it done (though not very easily).

Hosting Services by ipHouse