The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 16, 2004 at 18:15
roewen
Lurking Member
December 2004
I'm trying desperately to get my OFA to control my Sony MHC-M300AV Compact Stereo System. I don't want to use the learning keys, as I don't want to be limited to 4 commands. I'd really like to do crazy things like use the play, stop, FF, RW and pause keys that already exist on the OFA remote.

I have looked up and tried a number of device setup codes, but can't find one that allows me to do more than turn the stereo on and off. Right now, I've got the OFA aux device key set to device code 1058, but the OFA won't accept any of the advanced codes associated with this device code. I searched out some other advanced code lists (for device code 0158 and a couple of others I can't remember just now) and tried programming some straightforward advanced codes (function, preset +, preset -, play, stop and the like), but no luck. If anyone knows what the correct device setup code is, please, for the love of Mike, send it on!

Next, I thought I'd try programming a separate code to the CD device key on the OFA just to operate the CD player. Right now, I've got that set to 0000, but that only allows me to use the play button. No other buttons or advanced codes work, despite the fact that I've again tried out quite a few device setup code/advanced code combinations.

I've also tried using the keymover to move functions either from 1) the learning keys I programmed on the CD player device or 2) the preprogrammed keys on other devices. For instance, I tried copying the stop command from both the VCR and the DVD player with no luck.

Help. Please.
roewen

Hosting Services by ipHouse