The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 8, 2005 at 15:18
Thomas Davie
Long Time Member
January 2005
Hi all. I just picked up a Radio Shack Kameleon 8 in 1 universal learning remote today (in Canada), after buying a more expensive and less capable Sony model (and returning it on the same day as that of purchase).

My girlfriend had bought an 8 in 1 Kameleon from Radio Shack about a year ago, and so I was prepared for severe battery drainage. My gf lives near a set of train tracks, and it get 'auto turned on' with amazing regularity. Other than that, she is happy with the remote.

So, I was surprised to find out after installing the batteries and reading the manual that it had an option to disable the 'tilt switch'. Hold the 'P' key to enter into setup, press the other key and then enter code 985. Return the unit to main menu via a 'home' key press,and that's it.... No matter how hard I shake or swear at it, the unit stays off until I press the keypad. I assumt that this is the equivalent of removing the ballbearing housing ?

Othe than that, I'm happy with the remote so far. I was able to program in my DVD player and DVD recorder (my girlfriend has the same models so I could easily do it before returning home). The DVD recorder had to be programed in by scratch as it was not on the list of supported devices. Tech support was closed for the weekend. I'll report back on the battery life.

Tom

Hosting Services by ipHouse