The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 29, 2004 at 22:21
bluegreencl
Lurking Member
November 2004
I need help. I am unable to learn codes from my Yamaha RX-V596 receiver remote. The Yamaha remote model is RAV210. Hopefully, I am following the instructions correctly.

Press and hold SET until the LED blinks twice

enter 975, wait for LED to blink twice

press RCVR/AMP button

press the L1 key

LED begins to blink rapidly (for 4 seconds)

while LED is blinking rapidly, I press the #1 key (CD input) on my Yamaha remote and hold it - the Yamaha remote LED stays lit the entire time

the URC 8811 stops blinking continuously, then blinks once

it never blinks twice

Am I supposed to wait until the LED finishes blinking continuously for 4 seconds before pressing the Yamaha remote key that I want to learn?

I am aware of the extended codes for 0176 on this site. My motivation was to create an RX-V596 extended codes file once and for all since I have a working JP1 cable. I have found assorted versions of files for Yamaha receivers on this site and others. In fact, I have a Word document from OneForAll with extended codes that are apparently intended for my receiver. If they all agreed on extended codes for the same buttons then I wouldn't be trying this. Now that I can't seem to learn remote codes I'm wondering if I have a defective remote. Has anyone else been able to successfully learn remote codes from their RX-V596 remote?

Hosting Services by ipHouse