Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday April 28, 2004 at 09:19
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 04/28/04 08:37, The Robman said...
Samsung device as they always
use a very standard signal (NECx2)

You might be right for devices Samsung makes (I don't know which of their models they actually make). But for devices Samsung brands, there is a variety of protocols and when the protocol isn't NECx2, the IR command set normally matches the command set of some popular model of some other brands (which is what makes me suspect they just brand those products rather than make them).

I have many samples of Samsung DVD IR signals downloaded from several sources. Most use Aiwa protocol, device 102.0. Others use NECx2 device 5.5. Just one uses NECx2 device 67.83.

I haven't checked whether any of those three commands sets has a built in setup code in a 15-2116.

Of course Rob is right that JP1 is the best answer. If it is one of the 3 DVD command sets for Samsung that I've seen, or the command set for another popular brand, a single decoded learned signal would identify which one and then you could download a complete upgrade. Even if it's a DVD command set we've never seen it isn't too hard to decode all the signals and create an upgrade.

Hosting Services by ipHouse