The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Sunday January 9, 2005 at 20:25
TheBoffin
Lurking Member
December 2004
From what I gather (and this is where I started myself), you need a copy of the JP1 software, KM (Keymaster) and IR (the main JP1 program). Get hold of the 1175.RDF file remote definition file, load it into KM (which is an excel spreadsheet), select YOUR model of JP1-remote-control (in your case 8206) .... make any adjustments necessary on the Button mapping page .... then cut'n'paste the Device code stuff to IR (its semi-automated) .... then get IR to generate a WAV file through IR2WAV ... you'll end up with an UPGRADE.WAV, get your remote into modem mode (not sure how to do this on an 8206), and play the WAV file to your remote.

Ok, this is rather generalised, but believe me the guys who created all of this have done 98% of the hard work, just a small bit of knowledge and you can create these yourself.

I will post all of the files for 9960, for the Sky+ remote and all the instructions, and any intermediate files, etc, plus all web-links to all resources used -- but i'll only do this, when I receive my JP1 cable, and I have the time to map everything perfectly.

Hope the above is useful.

Brian.

Hosting Services by ipHouse