The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 17, 2005 at 12:11
Ernie
Founding Member
November 2001
Hey Guys. I am looking for a new remote to control my Dtivo (DSR6000) and samsung HD box which are now hooked up to two different TVs in different rooms. I like the 9910 since it has RF and comes with the base station.

Right now, I have an old RF base station already in the room that would be replaced by this new setup. The separate emmitter plug (called bugs from what I read?) is already ran and uses a 1/8"x5/8" standard mini plug that goes into the back of the base station. At least I assume this is standard since the Dtivo came with its own emmitter cable that has the same mini plug (and splits into two bugs which is why I ended up using it).

My question is does the 9910 use the same plug? Right now the emitter cable is already ran through a PVC conduit in the wall and is zip-tied up and down the AV rack. I could replace it if necessary but it will require a fair amount of work. I was also considering the MX-600 RF remote and I have read that the mini-plug is NOT standard (it is only 3/8" or something).

I like the 9910 because it seems to be a great bang-for-the-buck remote. I did not want to spend alot since it is not going to be in my main HT room.

Thanks
Ernie

Hosting Services by ipHouse