OK. I jumped to the wrong conclusion from your statement about "opposite sides of the button".
If the 4041 supports EFC numbers at all, I'm sure it does so in the same way as other OFA remotes:
There is a key that is used with a long press to start programming the remote, such as to assign a setup code (0503) to a device key. That key is labeled Set or Magic or P or various other things on various models.
That same key, but using a short press is used for EFC numbers:
1) Make sure you're in the right device mode (press the DVD key if necessary).
2) Short press of that special key.
3) First two digits of EFC number.
4) Aim the remote at the DVD player.
5) Press and hold the 3'rd digit of the EFC while looking to see what effect it has on the DVD.
You should try the EFC number 145, which I found for plus in one of those CCF files. You might also try some EFC numbers from that page of Rob's I mentioned to see whether they have the functions indicated on that page.
Also try the pause key while the zoom screen is visible, since that CCF said minus and pause are the same command.