Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 1, 2005 at 16:36
doodah
Lurking Member
February 2005
Greetings,

I recently acquired a HD STB known as LG LST-4200. It comes with a remote. I also have the RS 15-2104, which I like better than the other remote and want to use with this device. None of the existing program codes work with STB. I have asked radio shack and have added my correspondence at the bottom. They tell me that it takes a satellite code 1414, which is not programmed in my remote. They also say JP1 won't work and that I need to just buy the 15-2138. It seemed to me that I should be able to use the JP1 to program the cable box key.

Any ideas will be helpful.

Carl

Your remote is not upgradeable so the JP1 connections won't do any good.
- radio shack

Could these codes be programmed with the JP1 connection?
- Carl

The code that matches is the Satellite code 1414 but this code may not be in your remote's memory. If the LED on the remote does not flash twice after the code is entered, then the code is not in the remote and therefore the remote will not program for your unit. I would then suggest looking into the 15-2138 remote that can have additional codes downloaded to it over the phone.
- radio shack

Greetings,

I have the RS 15-2104 6-in-1 remote control. I just bought the LG
LST-4200A set top box for HD Cable and OTA broadcasts. It has a remote control that will operate all my other devices. I would like to
>program the 15-2104 remote to operate this device also, but I haven't been able to identify the code that will work. Please let me know if you have information on this. I think the LST-4200A is affiliated with zenith in some way, but I'm not sure.
- Carl

Hosting Services by ipHouse