Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday January 28, 2005 at 10:21
ofafan
Founding Member
May 2002
Jeff,
I am assuming you are using the TV setup code 0154 for this sanyo. If my assumption is correct, this will be a little more difficult than if the TV was a more supported one, but we may still manage.

The first thing I did was decide in my head the best way for you to set this up. Obviously if we had advanced codes for every command we needed that would be best, but we don't. To make this the least confusing for your wife, I would suggest that you always leave the satellite and the DVD/VCR powered on. You could then just know that the Power button will toggle on and off your TV. Then you need to get the TV and remote set to the right settings with one macro button.

Then I did a search on RemoteCentral OFA forum for any posts in the last year that contained "sanyo hdtv discrete". I think this thread [Link: remotecentral.com] has a lot of good information.

Next I looked at Rob's excellent site hifi-remote.com for advanced codes for your TV, and found no discrete on or off, and only the one discrete input command (Comp.2). This makes things a little complicated, but we can work through it.

First (again, assuming you are using 0154) test the discrete command 129 and see if it takes you to the Comp2 input.

Next tell me if, when you are on an input and press down or up channel in TV mode, do you go to the same input every time (RF in, for example).

Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse