Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday February 10, 2005 at 15:55
miataman
Long Time Member
January 2005
Hi all
Thanks for all the responses. I've decided against the 6131 because of the lack of learning. I've narrowed the field down to the 8811, 8910 or the RS 15-2116 and I've got a few questions.

What is the diff b/w the 2 OFA other than the led readout? Aren't they both programmable and learning? I like the arrow keys of the 8811 better than the doughnut of the 8910 and Wallyworld has it for $18. Looking at the code list from the OFA site they seem to have all the same ones.

If I decide I need the lcd window I like the looks and layout of the RS 15-2116. It seems easier to read and I like the black background w/ white lettering. Don't remote makers know this is far easier to read than wht. or blk on silver? Is the RS version the same as the 8910 and is it upgradable over the phone? Shouldn't it have all the same codes?
I think I can do all the things w/ my various components w/ the 8811 but just want to make sure and do it right the first time. Thanks for all the input. I've learned alot just researching this forum.

jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse