The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 17, 2005 at 21:48
miataman
Long Time Member
January 2005
I'm a new poster to the forum but have been lurking here for awhile. Here is my situation. We've just gone to the TIVO side at Christmas and I would like to have my own remote for this and my other devices. I'm an old URC 7200 Cinema 7 user. Best remote I have ever owned, esp. for $16 from WallyWorld. I've programmed codes through the yrs and it has never failed me. I would like to update and have user friendly (read spouse) Tivo functions. From what I've read and seen the 6131 will do most everything my old 7200 will + Tivo. The only thing that seems to be missing is the Macro buttons. Are they otherwise labeled or just not available? I use mine to fire up all the components of HT when I want to watch a DVD. I use the other one to turn it all off. Also the 6131 doesn't have all the components listed that I have (cd, tape) will it still control just under a diff. button.
I've also looked at the 8811, 8910, 8810. The equip. I have is as follows:

JVC tv
Yamaha recv, cd carousel, cass. deck
Toshiba dvd/vhs player
Tivo
Any and all advice and suggs. would be appreciated. I'm on a budget so I would like to keep it under $50, hence the models I've looked at. Don't really know what the J cable (?) is and how it is used but not sure I need it.

thanks
Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse