The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 28, 2005 at 02:49
mallard007
Lurking Member
February 2005
First, let me begin by saying, I've just been reading a lot of the posts in this forum, and some of you guys amaze me at your knowledge of remotes. I didn't know how much I didn't know about remote controls!

I just got a O4A Kameleon 9960B01, and so far, I love it. The home theater function is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I have some more customization to do, and estimate I'm going to put in about 2 hours of setup on this remote to get it doing things the way I want, but it will be nice to control everything with one remote, and in most cases, without having to change devices. I do have two questions on how to set this up.

First, is there a way to setup a sleep timer? I'm one of those people that has to have the TV on to fall asleep, but don't like it being on when I wake up :) This TV is an old (as in, the only input is coax) 27" GE, but I have no idea what model. I do know, it has sleep capability. I know I can macro the Kameleon to step through the menu and turn it on, but I'm sure you'll all agree, that's ugly. I'm hoping there's a way to either make the remote send the signal in XX minutes, or make the remote send a discrete signal now, telling the TV to turn off in XX minutes.

The second question concerns a different TV. I have a Zenith C27V22 that I've been unable to use because someone (okay, it was me) went into the service menu and changed a random setting trying to see what it would do, and what it did was made the TV turn off ... and on ... and off ... and on ... etc, all by itself. Anyone know if there is a discrete setting that will reset service menu settings to default? I read in another thread that this might be possible.

Thanks,
Josh

Hosting Services by ipHouse