|Post 2 made on Friday March 4, 2005 at 19:12|
If I understand you correctly, the thing you missed is the instructions for assigning an advanced code to a button. Those instructions are not in most OFA documentation. But should have been included when they send you the advanced codes and are given in many threads in this forum.This message was edited by johnsfine on 03/04/05 19:18 ET.
I failed to find them in a simple search just now, so I'll just retype them rather than figure out a better search.
I forget what the setup key is called on a 6131. It is "Set" or "Magic" or "P" in various models. Whatever it is called, it acts the same.
1) Press the device key (TV I guess) in which you want the advanced code defined.
2) Long press of the "setup" key (whatever it's called).
3) Key in the number 994
4) Short press of the setup key.
5) Key in the 3 digit advanced code number
6) Press the key you want to define with that advanced code (such as up, down, right or left).