The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday March 5, 2005 at 20:51
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I didn't look up what AMP/0892 was before (since that didn't seem to be in question). Now I did. It is VERY different from the code set used by most H/K devices. I think it may be the code set used by the AVR80 mkII, but not any other H/K device I've seen data on.

There are several UEI setup codes that roughly fit generic H/K audio devices. But most of them aren't in the 15-2116.

Setup code CD/0173 is in the 15-2116 and probably could be used for most of the functions of your H/K device, but that may require mapping a lot of keys by advanced codes as many of its functions are specific to H/K CD devices rather than being generic H/K audio commands.

Edit: I check the AVR30 and CD/0173 is a little worse than I thought. None of the default keys fit the AVR30. Most of the AVR30's keys can be done with EFC numbers in CD/0173. For example the EFC for power is 173, the EFC for vol+ is 178. I can get you the rest if those work.

To test an EFC, first program a device key to the correct setup code (CD/0173) then select that device mode, then:
1) Short press of P
2) Key in the first two digits of the EFC number.
3) Aim the remote
4) Press and hold the third digit and look for effect.

Do not pause more than a few seconds between step 1 and 2 or between step 2 and 4.

This message was edited by johnsfine on 03/05/05 21:00 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse