The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday November 23, 1999 at 13:00
Marks
Historic Forum Post
Reply to Newsman/Initial thoughts:

If you are most interested in looks, then by all means go with the A/V Producer 8. The LCD screen is great, and the AV8 is also a "very bright" glow in the dark as opposed to Cinema 7 which is somewhat hard to see in the dark. If you want ease of setup, then also go with the A/V Producer 8. I am e-mailing "one-for-all" requesting the "advanced function codes" which I hope will give the A/V Producer 8 full functionality with the component features I want (zoom option in Toshiba DVD and surround option in Sony DB930 receiver). It seems the Cinema 7 may be better in this regard (learning features), but if you are primarily interested in "looks" and "ease of use" (e.g. Home Theater mode), the A/V Producer 8 appears to be the better choice to me, at this time. I need more time (and help) to fully evaluate both remotes.

I hope someone will respond to my other post, giving me the DVD codes for my Toshiba 3109. I cannot get this DVD to work right with my Cinema 7/Radio Shack learning unit. PLEASE ADVISE!

Hosting Services by ipHouse