The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday March 15, 2005 at 13:00
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I read your first post a few times. I would probably know the answer if I had any clue what your question was. But ...

On 03/15/05 09:47 ET, fiveliter8 said...
wondering if there
was a way to turn the device select keys (TV VCR
SAT etc) into keys for the Sony home theater
amp/receiver.

I don't know what you mean.
Without using JP1 software (via JP1 cable or .wav file), I don't think you can define the device select keys to be anything other than device select keys.
Maybe you just mean make them select device modes that are parts of the home theater. If so, you might still need JP1 cable or .wav upgrade to get the right setup codes.

I'm guessing I'd have to
do a macro or something to that effect.

I can't tell where that fits with the rest of what you're trying to ask. A macro to do what and programmed onto what key?

The thing
is, I haven't found a code for my receiver that
switches the different inputs.

The use of the word "code" is usually confusing in such posts. You haven't found the "setup code" (device type and 4 digit number) you need, or you haven't found the right EFC (advanced code, which is a three digit number) for the function for discrete input select usable in a macro.

On 03/15/05 12:43 ET, fiveliter8 said...
I found a code, but all I can do is power on/off
and volume.

So you found a setup code that partially works your device. In that case you should tell us which setup code that was. We have information about most setup codes and most IR signals, so knowing WHICH setup code works for power and volume but fails for other functions would tell us quite a lot about what is needed to fully support your device. Just knowing that there is some such setup code tells us next to nothing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse