Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 20, 2005 at 17:32
brockls2000
Lurking Member
February 2005
Hi there,
After purchasing a 9960 on Ebay to use in the UK, I found that it won't operate most of my devices. After some searching around I found alot of helpful information on this site which I have followed. I downloaded the relevant software and found an upgrade .txt file (jvc_dr-m10-1994) to enable me to operate my DVD recorder.
I have loaded this file into keymap-master-v8.31.xls, set the remote type to the 9960, and then pasted the upgrade details into ir.exe (after configuring that to use the NAK0NAK0 9960 .rdf file ....I have actually tried using all 9960 .rdf files, all with no joy). I then saved the session as jvc_drm10.ir and dragged this onto irwav.dat on my dektop.
This results in a .wav file being generated. Setting my 9960 to the "download via modem" option (using code 997 via setup/other), I then play the .wav file back. The display starts flashing for a short while during playback but when I then try to use the new code which I thought should have been added to the remote, I find nothing is loaded (I see just 1 flash, rather than 2 when trying to set my DVD device using the new 1234 code).
I have tried playing back all 4 .wav files that I created using the 4 x 9960 .rdf files - all with the same results.
If I don't play back any .wav files after putting the remote into "modem download" mode, it still flashes for a short time, so I don't think it is updating anything when I play back the .wav files.
I was hoping that somebody out there can tell me where I am going wrong :-)
Update: By repositioning the remote control, I am presuming that it did download the .wav file.....However, the new 1234 code cannot be found, I now can't put the 9960 back into "download" mode, and the IR lrn & IR del keys don't work. I have reset the remote back to factory defaults - still the same problem.
Have I totally messed things up now ?
Is there a way to rectify this ?
Thankyou.

This message was edited by brockls2000 on 02/21/05 04:35 ET.
SJB

Hosting Services by ipHouse