The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday March 24, 2005 at 15:57
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
There are a few levels of reset. Since I use a JP1 cable for programming OFA remotes, I never have any use for any but the most extreme reset, and I've forgotten the details of the other levels of reset.

The most extreme reset is a long press of the key used for programming the remote (Set or P or Magic, etc. I forget what it's called on the 7562) followed by 981.

That wipes out all the learned signals, and also selects the default setup code for each device mode and defaults for all other (VPT etc.) settings, and clears all KeyMoves and Macros, and deletes all upgrades. It resets all the way back to the way the 7562 left the factory.

A 7562 can have upgrades installed by .wav file. So if you find (or build with JP1 software) the right .wav file for the devices you want, you can support far more functions (that don't have built-in support) than you could by learning, and you'd still have all the learning memory left for other functions.

The JP1 software is much easier to use with a JP1 cable than via .wav file. If you customize your remote with JP1 you'll find is has far more capacity and flexibility than you've seen so far. It's a great remote (I'd select it over a Kameleon without hesitation).

Hosting Services by ipHouse