The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday June 16, 2005 at 09:41
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
Which Cinema 7? The URC-7200 family or the URC-7800 family? Do you know how to use your JP1 cable?

Also, do you still have the original Oppo remote?

The 7800's have learning and (except for the connector) built-in JP1 support. The 7200's have no learning and are quite hard to modify for JP1 use.

The basic JP1 method is to learn and decode a batch of signals from the original remote, transfer them to an upgrade being constructed, then delete them to allow the learning memory to be reused for the next batch.

There may be shortcuts to reduce that effort, or there may be workarounds if you lack the original remote or your JP1 remote has no learning.

Assuming alfaman is correct about DVD 1224, you might be able to go to some support web site for a European OFA remote that has both .wav and JP1 support (7562 or 8060, etc.). By claiming to own one of those remotes, I think you can get a .wav file for that remote for DVD 1224 (I've never done it so I don't have details). You can then use JP1 software to create a config for that remote (even though you don't have one) using that .wav file and see roughly the same info you would have seen using learning, which can then be manually copied into an upgrade for your model remote. Maybe that's easier than learning.

This message was edited by johnsfine on 06/16/05 09:49 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse