The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday August 3, 2005 at 11:20
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 08/02/05 10:17 ET, ingvaldcornelius said...
I changed my setup code from TV/0556 to
TV/0037. To things happened:

1)I lost the MENU function when I press MENU
2)But, the directional arrows works now

If you discover that two different setup codes each have advantages and disadvantages, then you should know that it is possible to mix them. You can temporarily program a different device key to the setup code with fewer correct keys, then use the KeyMovr operation to copy keys that are correct in that setup code to the device that you will be using. Then you can reprogram that other device key back to whatever other setup code it will normally use.

On 08/02/05 10:35 ET, ofafan said...
Try 0512
and 0655.

Does the 8060 include 0655? My data (from Rob) says it doesn't. 0512 is similar to 0037 and 0556. But 0512 has no menu function at all.

On 08/02/05 20:08 ET, alfaman said...
It sounds to me like your TV may have two different
"menu" functions -- one to get you into a picture
adjustment menu and the other to get into a setup
menu where you can search for the channels.

That is my guess as well.

We know the menu function of 0556 (which happens to be EFC number 103) is one of those menu functions, and it seems that we know the menu function of 0037 (which happens to be EFC number 146) is neither of those menu functions.

That leaves us guessing the EFC number of the desired function.

On 08/03/05 10:37 ET, ofafan said...
The RC-5 expert that hangs
around here is John Fine (johnsfine). He would
be better able to help you than I

I'll try to do a search of CCF files later to get a guess at the right EFC number. But that sort of CCF file search isn't as easy as the ones I normally do. Function naming in CCF files isn't very consistent, especially in European CCF files, and there are a lot of CCF files for Philips TVs. I'm sure the desired function is in there somewhere, but I'm not sure the button in the CCF will be labeled "menu".

Hosting Services by ipHouse