The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday February 20, 2005 at 09:27
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 02/20/05 05:34 ET, Jed Strahm said...
APEX DVD Player #DV-R200.

Everywhere else these are discussed, "DV-R200" is shown as the model number of the remote, not the model number of the DVD Player. I've never seen one in person, but I assume they're all correct.

Most IR data is online by model of the device, not by model of the remote, so it's better to give the device model, and if you give the remote model make it clear that it is a remote model.

At first look I thought this was an Apex DVD model I'd never heard of, so I didn't reply. Only later I realized it was the model of a common Apex remote.

The Cinema 7 does not have the correct setup code (DVD/0755) built-in.

I don't know if you can still send Cinema 7's in for free upgrade (adding a setup code). (If so it costs you just postage to them and of course some time away from your remote).

You could get a JP1 cable and add that upgrade yourself. The URC-7800 is sold without the 6-pin header that connects to the JP1 cable. I think the JP1 cable vendors are still willing to include that header for free when you buy the cable. Using JP1 with a urc-7800 is a lot easier if you first take the remote apart and solder the header in. But it is possible to use by plugging the header into the end of the cable and then holding it pressed at a slight angle into the holes in the PCB where it is designed to be soldered.

Hosting Services by ipHouse