Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday May 26, 2006 at 10:00
Emrys
Lurking Member
May 2006
none of the other sony codes accept advanced
codes.

i don't mean to be contrary, especially when i'm asking for help, but, actually, according to what OFA is telling me, your statement is not entirely correct. as i said, i've gotten huge lists of EFCs for all the other device codes, directly from OFA. some of them are not accepted by the 9960, but some of them certainly are. many of those that are accepted don't appear to do anything, but some of them defintely do.

i need to verify with OFA's tech support whether it's okay with them to do so, and if it is, i will be either posting or uploading approximately 80 or 90 kb worth of EFCs for each of the codes i named in my original post.

in addition, i just got an email this morning from them regarding device codes 0220, 0465, 0689, 0815, 1126, and 1796, which apparently are also Sony amp codes... with another slew of EFCs for each of those.

now, perhaps you are correct that my particular model of sony receiver won't respond to some of these device codes and EFCs, perhaps because by now it's almost "ancient", but OFA certainly seems to believe that they apply to at least *some* sony amps/receivers...

Hosting Services by ipHouse