The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 25, 2006 at 22:25
Emrys
Lurking Member
May 2006
okay, i've been round and round with OneForAll. i have tried device codes 0010, 0158, 0159, 1058, 1158, 1258, 1558, 1658, 1758, 1759, and 1858, to try to get complete control of my STR-DE935 receiver. and, of course, i can't simply Learn any functionality, because my whole reason for buying the 9960 was that my RM-LJ302 that came with the receiver is currently in the Remote Morgue, waiting for the next of kin to decide on just how to dispose of the body.

i have of course found the basic functionality: volume, mute, switch inputs. several of those device codes i listed have given me the ability to step through the set of soundfields (but only in one direction), the ability to switch between 2-channel mode and surround mode, and the ability to access the Surround, Level and EQ menus.

here's what i'm *unable* to do, and i'm hoping like hell that someone here can help me figure out:
- can't find an on/off for Bass Boost
- can't find an on/off for the Equalizer
- can't find a way to get into AFD mode
- can't figure out how to step backward thru the soundfields list
- can't access the Setup menu (selects speaker sizes, distance to speakers, that sort of thing)
- (here's the *really* frustrating one) cannot make any adjustments on the Surround, Level, and EQ menus, and cannot step through the menus.

in other words, when i get to the Level menu, i can *see* the Front Balance control, but i can neither modify the balance, nor can i step forward in the menu to the Rear Balance control, nor backward to the Dynamic Range Compression setting. i have been unable to assign any menu up/down/left/right codes to any keys (get one blink instead of two). that's a real tease!

off the top of my head, i can't say at the moment which of those device codes allow access to the menus or soundfields, but i certainly can run through the devices again, and find out, if anyone's interested. unfortunately, i cannot say what EFCs are being used to access those functions, because i didn't assign those codes; they were already assigned to buttons on the devices that they work from.

please, oh wise and powerful denizens of remote central, please help me to find the functionality i am lacking. in return, i will be able to provide extremely detailed lists of OneForAll's EFCs for all those device codes i listed (with the proviso that the support folks at OFA tell me that it's okay with them if i do so).

TIA

Hosting Services by ipHouse