The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday November 30, 2006 at 17:09
DBrown
Founding Member
February 2002
I upgraded my DirecTV service to an H20 (bedroom) and an HR20(living room) over the Thanksgiving holiday. I was surprised to see UEI batteries come with the remote controls that came with these receivers. These remote have an FCC ID of "MG32481" printed on their backs.

What does it mean? It means that internally they are 4-in-1 One-For-All remotes. They will respond to (most of) the same programming commands you use to program your OFA remote control that uses 5-digit device codes. I was able to:

991 Search for codes
990 Retrieve codes
993 Volume lock

You have to press and hold down both MUTE and SELECT buttons instead of SETUP, since there is no SETUP button on the remote.

These remotes have dedicated ON and OFF buttons that send Codes to both your TV and the DirecTV receiver with one push. Essentially a macro ability. It implies they may have macro programmability (995) in them but I have not tried it. I'm considering trying to add my amplifier's OFF and ON codes to the OFF and ON button macros, respectively.

It's taken a few days to get used to them, but I really like these remotes. They've got that "soft" plastic feel previously found on some Radio Shack remotes. Fairly logical button placement. A slider switch to change devices.

Anyone else been playing with these remotes?

DBrown

Hosting Services by ipHouse