The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday December 24, 2006 at 11:16
Kupakai
Long Time Member
September 2006

On December 24, 2006 at 10:03, de8212 said...
I love the look and feel of the 15-1994 and wouldn't think
of giving it up (sorry Kupakai).

:) I didn't think you would, lot of people are quite attached to this remote.

I actually found the
dvd playter remote late last night and might try and teach
it everything I need. I also have a tivo in that room
that I might try and teach it the tivo remote codes as
well. Anyone use one wiht a tivo?

You probably won't be able to fit both tivo and dvd functions by teaching method, or have to severely reduce the functions of both device in the remote. At this point I really would consider the JP1 cable.

I have thought in the past about the JP1 cable but it
all seems so complicated.

JP1 cable software is really not as complicated as it looks, if like most people, you just download the appropriate upgrade file and upload it to the remote. It's just if you want to do more with it, the functions are there for you to use. There are also plenty of people willing to help at the forum if you have questions.

Try teaching the remote with the functions you need for tivo and the dvd player, and see if you can get satisfactory result in terms of included functions. If not, get the JP1 cable (get the right type ; you need JP1, not JP1.x, and the interface, parallel, serial, or USB, depends on your computer and what ports it has). If you post the model numbers of the devices, if you want, I'll can make the ir file for your remote with the upgrades for all the devices you want to control, and you only have to use the ir.exe program to open the file, connect the remote to the cable, and upload the file to the remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse