The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday December 24, 2006 at 11:07
The Robman
Loyal Member
August 2001
On December 23, 2006 at 20:37, de8212 said...
Anyone still use the 15-1994?

Hell yeah! Been using it everyday since 1999 (or whenever it came out) when I upgraded from my 15-1919.

Before JP1, this remote was limited by it's built in code database, where some of the popular codes of the day were dropped to make room for some Radio Shack specific codes, but that was then, JP1 is now.

Think of JP1 like medicine, it can be as simple as applying a Band-Aid (which you can do yourself), or it can be as complicated as brain surgery (in which case you'd ask an expert to do it).

For 90% or more of the people who use JP1, all they do is download the code they need, upload it into their remote, and go off about their business. We won't hear from them again until the next time they need a code. So, I strongly encourage you to buy a JP1 cable and then load the code for your DVD player and you'll be done. Just because JP1 gives you the ability to really make your remote sing, doesn't mean you have to do it. If all you want is a new code, it's surely cheaper than buying a new remote, especially if you don't like the new remote as much as the 15-1994.
Rob.
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse