The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday May 1, 2007 at 13:14
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On May 1, 2007 at 02:36, Alexblake89 said...
VSX-D9085, it uses the remote code 1023, and i was wondering
if thiers anyway to get to the system set up menu? maybe
with a advance code?

Is there a way to get to the system set up menu using the original remote that came with the VSX-D9085?

If so, why can't you use learning?
If not, how do you know a system set up menu exists?

I looked in CCF files for similar models and saw lists of signals learned from buttons on the original remote, but especially without knowing the name of the button I was looking for, there was no easy way to search. Glancing though a few lists, I saw nothing that looked like a system set up button.

BTW, Edmund usually remembers, at least much better than I do, which models take 3 digit advanced codes, vs. which models take ONLY 00 in front of a 3 digit advanced code, vs. which models can ALSO take true 5 digit advanced codes.

Audio/1023 doesn't work with 3 digit advanced codes. So in most models of remote it simply doesn't work with advanced codes. Apparently the 6960 can take true 5 digit advanced codes as well as 00 in front of 3 digit advanced codes.

If I knew where to find the signal you want in any other format (Pronto or LIRC, MX, etc.) I probably could translate it to 5 digit advanced code. But without knowing what the signal is called I can't do any automated search.

BTW2, the CCF files I looked at had an S at the end of similar model numbers, rather than a 5. Does your model number really end in 5?

Hosting Services by ipHouse