Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday August 16, 2004 at 17:08
Mr_E
Long Time Member
July 2004
Brigit & compurat:
The info that the URC-3330 does operate the TV rules in my opinion out that you have one of these faulty Grundig TP 663 remotes. However it's rather surprising that the URC-9960 doesn't operate the Grundig. I'm not familiar with the American OFAs but it can't hurt to check this:

- Is 0195 downloaded in the 9960 and does the remote accept this setup code?

- Are you using new, non-rechargeble 1.5 Volt batteries?

- Erase all leardned functions

Now the problem with the Grundig TV itself: I always thought that even after disconecting the powercable, a TV should still remember his settings, but can it be possible that the Grundig simply has forgotten the channelsettings?

If there aren't tuned any channels, most TVs show a blue screen and if the color-settings of this not quite so young TV are a bit weird (let's say to much red), I can imagine it shows you a purple instead of a blue screen when the channelsettings have been erased.

BTW I dislike these Grundig TP 623 and TP 663 remotes because of there altering problems, but not the Grundig TVs itself, older A-brand TVs like Grundig, Sony, Philips, Telefunken, Blaupunkt are normaly die-hard TVs who often still work perfectly after 20 years.

@Rob: you 've got mail

This message was edited by Mr_E on 08/16/04 17:38 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse