The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Sunday August 15, 2004 at 11:01
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I don't have the URL for getting .wav files for European OFA remotes, but it wouldn't help you anyway because the .wav file for a European Kameleon wouldn't work on a 9960.

I don't know why OFA provides .wav files for European models via internet but for USA models will only play the .wav file over the phone for you. Via phone is less convenient and I guess for you is also more expensive. Maybe MR_E will comment on that policy question.

With free JP1 software (start from Rob's web page to find that) you can create your own .wav file to upgrade the 9960. You don't need the JP1 cable nor anything else that isn't a free download.

That process requires a fair amount of knowledge about JP1, but has the advantage that you get to select which functions go on which keys, and maybe include functions OFA forgot in TV/0195. You also could create a larger .wav file that configures the entire remote (for other devices, KeyMoves, Macros etc.) rather than a .wav file for just TV/0195.

If you want just the basic TV/0195 and don't mind having someone else's guesses about which 9960 keys are appropriate for which Grundig TV functions, any of the JP1 experts could easily create the .wav file for you. I have upload rights to some of Rob's web space. If he doesn't think it's an excessive use of the space I have been thinking about posting URC-9960 .wav files for a few of the more popular European devices, since requests for such upgrades are getting to be rather common here. (But you'd like the final results better if you used the tools yourself and assigned functions to keys the way you want them).

Hosting Services by ipHouse