The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday August 13, 2004 at 13:55
The Robman
Loyal Member
August 2001
That's an interesting theory about the deteriorating IR signal. If it's true, there may well be a solution.

Brigit, how much effort are you willing to put into getting this to work? If you were to get yourself a JP1 compatible One For All remote and a JP1 cable, I could modify the TV/0195 code for you so that it sends a signal with a lower frequency. We could keep lowing the frequency until we find a value that works.

If I remember correctly, the URC-3330 needs some parts soldered in for it to be JP1 compatible (take a look in the battery compartment, if you see 6 little holes, then this is the case). Assuming that you don't want to start soldering, you could pick up a remote like the URC-7562 locally which is JP1 ready, right out of the box.

Next you will need a JP1 cable, which you could either make yourself (which means soldering) or you could buy ready made from one of the two JP1 vendors.

Another option is that I could pre-program a US remote with several different versions of the TV/0195 setup code, each with a slightly lower frequency and send this to you. You would still need a JP1 cable if you would want the remote to also work your other gear as US and European remotes are loaded with different codes, so a US remote would likely be missing the codes for alot of your locally purchased gear.

Mr_E, are you familiar with JP1? If not, you definitely should be. Drop me a line if you want to discuss it.

Rob
http://www.hifi-remote.com
Rob.
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse