The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday August 13, 2004 at 12:53
Mr_E
Long Time Member
July 2004
I'm affraid I have bad news: the correct code is TV code 0195 but I'm not surprised to hear that this code doesn't work at all. The problem is not the TV or the One For All remote, it is the Grundig TP 663 remote that gives trouble. I will try to explain the problem (please excuse my bad Englisch, I'm German):

IR-eyes and IR-remotes are supposed to work on a fixed frequency & timing. However, if a manufactor produces remotes for TVs who should send a 40 KHz signal, most of these remotes will send a 40 KHz signal but you will also have remotes who send a lower 39 KHz or a higher 41 KHz signal. To avoid that these remotes can't operate the TV you allow the IR-eye of that TV to accept signals within a frequency from 38 to 42 KHz (+/- 5% tolerance). Then a remote who sends 39 KHz instead of 40 KHz is still able to operate the TV.

However some remotes might alter and drop frequency (I'm not sure if it's actually the frequency or the speed (aka timing) that drops) after a few years. Some TVs might stop working on the remote, but because this alterings process goes slowely it also might happen that the IR-receiver gets used to the altered signal and still works, even if the frequency of the altered remote has droped to 37 KHz.

However if you try to use a second remote who does send a correct 40 KHz signal then the TV might not work on the 40 KHz signal because the IR-eye is used to receive a 37 KHz instead of 40 KHZ and 40 KHz is beyond the 5% tolerance limit.

Now this problem is very rare, in my own OFA experience (I helped over 25000 customers to setup their OFAs), I know this problem from an old series of analog Amstrad satellite receivers and from older Grundig TVs with TP 663 and TP 623 remotes.

With the Amstrads you can solve this problem by disconecting the powercable for 10 minutes, then connect and Power On the receiver and use the new (correct) remote and the IR-eye will automaticly adjust to the new & correct IR-signal. However with these Grundig TVs I have never heard of a way to solve this problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse