The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday June 22, 2001 at 15:22
Bill
Historic Forum Post
Well,

My experience so far has been favourable. The Niles light sensors I installed worked great. I do not know what your issue with using the video sync inputs on the MSU are but I have had no problems there.

So far, using Niles parts (yes they are expensive) and following the Niles Training Videos has produced sucessful results for me.

I have actually added a Pronto to my system now because I like to see the labelled keys for control and and it is also very lightweight and a lot easier to hold. You cannot put labels on the Niles M G E P keys and have to know what each represents for each device controlled. By using the Pronto, these problems are avoided and I use the remote that I like. My spouce loves the Niles remote -- one touch operation and away she goes! -- She has nevor liked the Pronto and still will not use it. I have had no problems with the Xantech IR receivor that I have connected.

I would still be interested in knowing why you would not use video syncing unless the room has no lights or windows -- that does not make any sense to me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse