The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday January 1, 2002 at 14:07
Cary Bellville
Founding Member
May 2001
Can't tell you about that particular turntable, but I have owned exactly two turntables in my life. My first was a Technics SL-B2. I still own it, but had to retire it, as the motor isn't holding a constant velocity anymore. I replaced it with a Technics SLBD-20D. Both are excellent turntables, and from using both mine, and friends, I can say that you probably couldn't go wrong with any Technics turntable. They seem to be the best.

I bought my second one for the same purpose, but have never gotten around to ripping the ablums. Huge amounts of time requtired.

I know this smacks of piracy, but I think that we should find a bunch of people with old albums, and new CD collections, find out who has the CD Version, and trade the copies back and forth. Since we own the ablum, all we would be doing is saving the time from sitting down and copying the ablum. I myself have about 400 Albums on vinyl, with a friend fixing to give an unspecified number more soon. I also have about 200 CD's most everything being in the Classic/Hard/Punk rock catagories.

Well, just a thought....

Cary

Hosting Services by ipHouse