The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday May 2, 2004 at 04:40
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
I forgot to say something about the house that I am living in right now. I've lived in it from the age of 8 to the age of 18 when my parents and I moved out, then we just moved back in last summer. My parents kept the phone number that they had for the past 20 plus years turned on at this address while a tenat lived here. But it didn't come inside the house, It stayed at the service box on the outside of the house. But anywways, when I moved back in I had to call the phone company to come out to get the dial tone turned on. Even though the tentants had a dail tone for their own line. That took about 2 to 3 days. Not sure if they came out or not. I have a cordless phone from V tech that would let me know if someone else is on the same phone line or not. Wheather it was another hand set because it was more than one handset system. Or either a totally different phone. Here's the problem, each time that I would pick up the phone from someone calling, or for me to call out. I would get the four beeps and a sign that someone else is on the phone. Which annoyed the heck out of me. I called the phone company and told them to come out and look at the lines. Each time that they came out I was not there. This was about 3 to 4 times until we fianly met up. He did nothing, all he did was to ask me what was going on and when he found out it was an "annoying" thing he just let it be and said that there was nothing for him to do. So he left. A month or two after I moved in, my parents moved in. So I brought my phone line that they were using at my old place over here. OH NO, that one didn't work as well. So I had to call the company again, and it took them nearly a month to fix it, and about 4 to 5 holes by the street in front of my house and one by the service pole for the street later to fix it. This house is wired to have 6 to 8 different lines, which was alot for a house that is this old and under ground wiring. 25 years if you are wondering, same age as me. After that they fixed my line so that I can have a phone, the vtech cordless phone would work perfectly, on both lines. I just wish that I had a faster computer at the time so that I could talk them into dsl for free for a year or something for taking so long and not doing anything the first time that I called them for the first phone line. But oh well.

Rob

Hosting Services by ipHouse