The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Thursday April 21, 2005 at 18:47
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
We know that the daylight conditions at 5:00pm in London is very close to the 5:00pm conditions in Chicago

not true London is always foggy :), but honestly what are 5:00pm conditions in Chicago? I don't know about you but 5pm Montreal in December is no where near the same as 5pm in June. And how about north/south 5PM in Dec in Montreal is dark and the sun is gone 5PM in Dec in Mexico must still be bright

So give an example of how you would call out time with your new system

nothing changes. Let's say for the sake of Argument we pick GMT (to pick something far away) right now it is 6:47PM Montreal time, 5:47PM Chicago time and 10:47PM GMT so instead of me saying it is 6:47PM I will say it is 10:47PM and so will you but we will do exactly what we are doing (life does not change). so if I start work at 8:30AM now and stop for lunch at 12:00PM and end at 5:00PM now with the new format I start at 12:30, have lunch at 4PM and end my day at 9PM but my life has not changed just what I call the hour. The idea is not that novel and actually China is using it (only one time zone, even though it should be spanning 4 of them) people at one end of the country just do everything 3h earlier then the ones at the other end

This message was edited by Anthony on 04/21/05 18:54 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse