The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Wednesday April 20, 2005 at 13:16
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
ChicAugur: I agree the economics was a bit far fetched and it was a bit of a joke, but in real life you use cyclical numbers all the time. For instance if it is 10 o'clock and I say meet you in 4 hours, what time will I meet you at? 14 o'clock or 2? on a clock adding 12 h changes nothing to the digits and so 12=0

do you think 1+1=0 only in electicity? how about this, do you know what odd and even numbers are?

odd + even = odd
even + odd = odd
even + even = even
odd + odd = even

now what is the definition off even? a number divisable by 2, what is odd? a number not divisable by two, or to put the definitions a different way

X is odd if there is a number K so that X=2K+1 and X is even if there is a number K so that X=2K=2K+0

so let's use short hand even=0 odd=1 and we get

1+0=1
0+1=1
0+0=0
1+1=0

wow, it has the exact same rules, imagine that :-)

In elementary school when yoor teacher taught you 1+1=2 all the time it was convenience, the same way I said odd and even numbers. That is true for integers (whole numbers, 1,2,3,4......) but not true for real or rational numbers. Let's look at the number 3 is it odd in the real numbers? yes 3=1x2+1 but it is also even 3=1.5*2 , so in the integers a number is either odd or even but not both, on the other hand when I look at the bigger world of rational and real numbers all numbers are both.

Let me ask you this is 3 prime? (integers =yes, rationals=no) 3= 2*(3/2)=5*(3/5)........

Hosting Services by ipHouse